Need some good news about the Global War on Terror? Check out Security Watchtower and see how the war is proceeding at the strategic level. Here is an excerpt:
If the intent was to draw a sizeable presence of al Qaeda fighters into Iraq, it has worked. Iraq is now the central front in the war on terrorism, only the perception in some circles is that's a bad thing. In absence of action to remove the Saddam Hussein regime, this fight would've transpired somewhere, perhaps the U.S. border. Instead al Qaeda has lost thousands of fighters, their leadership continues to be on the run, and they've managed to lose the hearts and minds of Iraqi's. Not only that, their vicious attacks against the Iraqi people have changed perception of their organization among fellow Muslims, many of whom strong disagree with the terrorist attacks against the Iraqi people.
Al Qaeda's failure's in Iraq thus far are notable:
1. They failed to prevent an interim government from being put together
2. They failed to prevent the January 2005 elections
3. They failed to prevent the formation of Iraqi security forces
4. They failed to drive the United States from the battlefield
5. They failed to win popular support in Iraq
6. They failed to prevent the elected government from forming
7. They failed to cause a civil war among different religious groups
I am glad the Iraqi people haven't listened to our enemies and so-called "friends." We must continue to support their democratic goals and defeat the "insurgency" once and for all. The Iraq strategy (and the success of the Iraqi people) is the best way to combat terrorism worldwide...it won't eliminate it...it just means it will no longer be tolerated.
The rest of the post makes a number of great points. These are the things you would never hear in the MSM/DNC.
Now is the time to drive the point home. Military members need to keep speaking up about our successes in order to dilute the negative the anti-American American crowd keeps spinning.